Discover your intellectual strengths
26. Which number comes next in the following series?
4 5 8 17 44
125. The difference between the numbers follows this series: 1,3,9,27,81.
27. Which number comes next in the following series?
13 57 911 1315 1719
2123. All odd numbers beginning from one, in series. Alternatively, starting with 13, add 4 to each digit separately, and continue adding 4 to the result.
28. A company that packages household products follows the following guidelines in order to avoid dangerous product combinations.
All days apart from Friday.
29. Read the following statements, and then analyze which conclusions logically follow:
B and C. Both cases are possibilities, therefore they logically follow.
30. Jenny keeps marbles in three jars.
There is a blue jar, a purple jar and a green jar, sitting in a row in her room.
Until yesterday there were twice as many marbles in the green jar, than in the purple jar.
This morning, Jenny removed 3 marbles from the middle jar and gave them to a friend as a gift.
She then removed half of the remaining marbles from the middle jar and placed them into the blue jar.
What color is the middle jar?
It's not the blue jar, since marbles were taken from the middle jar and placed into the blue jar. This leaves purple and green.
Only an even number of marbles can be split in half.
After removing 3 marbles, the remaining marbles must be capable of being split into half (even number).
Therefore, prior to removal, there must have been an odd number of marbles.
Prior to removal we know that just the green jar contained an even number of marbles. Therefore the middle jar is purple.